My favorites bar is filled up, so I'm dumping all my favorite bioinformatics-relevant tutorials below.
General Bioinformatics Tutorials
- Biomedical Data Science (eBook) by Rafael Irizarry and Michael Love. This tutorial covers statistical modeling and inference, a little machine learning and has some great R based vignettes for RNAseq, ChIPseq and DNA CpG methylation analysis.
High Throughput Sequencing Stuff
- Dave's Wiki on SAMTools is a blog post that covers SAM and BAM conversions and other useful stuff about SAMTools.
- fastq-dump tips from Rob Edward's lab. Best practices for obtaining fastq files from SRA tools
R for Bioinformatics
- Advanced R (eBook) by Hadley Wickham covers the basics (despite the title) of R syntax and data structures. Very useful R primer.
- DiffBind Tutorial DiffBind is a great tool for doing comparative ChIP-seq analysis in R (bioconductor)